Monday, March 15, 2010

Change it up!

Sometimes it is fun to sketch things by hand. Usually, I use a Wacom which is pretty much just a tool you use to sketch straight onto your canvas in Photoshop or Illustrator.

I would recommend these to anyone who is looking to do any type of illustration. Scanning pencil and pen drawings will give a textured look that is hard to get rid of unless you live trace the image in Illustrator.

Research.

This is super important and may seem like a waste of time. It all really depends on who you are designing for. Sometimes you will have to research your project and other times you wont. If I am working on a project for Sesame Street, I'll have to research fresh ideas. If I am working for a band, I can usually just do my own thing.

If you research public domain images, you can find a lot of cool stuff and change it up to make it your own. Getting sued for using an image is pretty unlikely. Instead of suing you, they will order a cease to desist, which means they will just put a halt on production of that piece. You still shouldn't just steal art and try to use it though. Once people get wind of that, you won't ever have any work ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment