Monday, March 1, 2010

Out of inspiration...

I have to rant a little.

I love my job. It is so fun most of the time and allows me to have a lot of freedom during a work day to do other things like play video games or eat but sometimes it wears me out!

Coming up with who knows how many designs a week (probably anywhere from 7-15) gets pretty rough. Each of them have to be different. Most of the time they are for very different clients. Like today after class I'll be working on Warrior Industries which is a UFC clothing brand. Then I also have to work on girls tees for another clothing line. Talk about a switch of direction. Maybe I'll just listen to Slipknot or Disturbed to get into the mind of a dude who wears UFC clothes... or maybe I wont.

But really, I do like it.

It's pretty nice to have research as part of my job. I have to look online a lot to get the latest trend or whatever. I think most of the "trends" now are growing old.

Girls who have VISIBLE extensions in their hair? Like anyone wants to see your fake hair pieces poking through your real hair. Guys who look at the cast of Jersey Shore and say "I want to be that guy." The girls who wear short skirts with Ugg boots but walk kind of crooked so they are actually walking on the side of the boot. Really?

Obviously I don't help to stop these stupid trends most of the time because I have to design something that feeds these people's bad image. But sometimes I get to do something that will hopefully pull them away from looking either like a dirtbag or a polished dirtbag. There isn't much difference except for their tan or hair product.

1 comment:

  1. I think all artist feel this way every once in a while. You don't know how happy it makes me that there is at least one other person that understands that in no world were ugg boots an mini skirts ment to go together!!! And as for hair extentions, REALLY!? It is just wrong!

    ReplyDelete